It's been quite a hectic month this month and even though I had a 2 hour mix ready to go, I though I'd try something a little different.
This months mix is not my usual 2 hour house/techo style club mix. This mix was inspired by the Back To Mine/Another Late Night cd mixes (which I personally love). I've made a few of these in the past but this one (I feel) was the best.I always planned to upload it to a page of it's own but I never really had the space and I didn't know how it would go down so I left it ... until now. Listening back to it I get the feeling I missed out loads of great artists I would have loved to have added to the mix (The Velvet Underground, Mazzy Star, Karen Dalton, Echo & The Bunnymen, Parliament Funkadelic, Spacemen 3, New Order, Galaxy 500, Songs Ohia ... I could go on forever!) but they either didn't fit the overall vibe of the mix or what I was feeling at the time .... who knows?
With everyone out there plugging house, techno, trance, breakbeat, drum n bass, dub step ect mixes, I thought I'd try something a little bit more eclectic. It's not the perfect type of thing to listen to when your gearing up for a night on the tiles but it's great for those Sunday afternoons/nights in when listening to repetative beats is like taking a sledge hammer to your crainium 128 times a minute. If this doesn't chase away those comedown blues and thoughts of having to go to work on Monday morning then you probably have no soul and need to seek some serious spiritual advice.
I've been told this is a tad self indulgent but at the end of the day, what so-called 'artist' (hawhawhaw) isn't self indulgent? You have to be self indulgent otherwise your selling out to the brainless masses who want to listen to shit like Justine Biber (or whatever her fucking name is? ). So, all that being said, if your looking for a summery house mix .... come back next month. If you want something to sit back and chill to, give it a listen. You never know, you might even end up enjoying it? I personally think its one of the best mixes I've ever made but I have weird taste so I'll leave that to you to decide.
Enough waffeling from me though. I feel I've either raised or lowered your expectations enough by this point.
The tracklist goes something like this ......
01. Rob Hindle - Buenos Aires 2am (Azuli)
02. Inaqui Marin - Eva (Regular)
03. Douglas Greed - Oktober 17 (Freude am Tanzen)
04. The Flaming Lips - The Wizard Turns On ..... (Warner)
05. Supermayer - Cocktails For Two (Kompakt)
06. Stateless - Bloodstream (K7)
07. Air - The Word Hurricane (EMI France)
08. Mr Scruff - Travelogue (Ninja Tunes)
09. The Timewriter - Twisted Minds (Plastic City)
10. Goldie - Inner City Life (Goes To Miami Mix) (FFRR)
11. The Dramatics - In The Rain (Volt 4075)
12. Radiohead feat The Sneaker Pimps - Climbing The Walls (Zero 7 Remix) (Parlophone)
13. The Kings of Convenience - The Weight Of My Words (Four Tet Instrumental Remix) (Source)
14. Nancy Wilson - Elevator Heat (Warner)
15. PJ Harvey - Horses In My Dreams (Island)
16. Nadine - Whenever You Are Around (Undertow)
17. M83 - I Guess I'm Floating (Mute)
18. Nightmares On Wax - Flip Ya Lid (Warp)
19. Nick Drake - Northern Sky (Island)
20. Nirvana - Tiny Goddess (Island)
Until Next Month